To apply for consideration, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
Please include any links to sample(s) of your previous advocacy work in your online application.
See below for details on the internship.
Our Advocacy & Campaign Team Interns will partner with InReach staff on developing and executing the organization’s first major advocacy campaign initiative.
As a proud trans-led organization, InReach is launching a new digital advocacy campaign in 2023 (eta: March 2023) to increase positive representation and greater understanding of the transmasculine community. This campaign will seek to counteract the stigma and dangerous narrative surrounding trans youth by raising the visibility of trans men and transmasculine individuals who have reached adulthood.
We are looking for meticulous, hard-working students who are passionate about trans rights and social justice advocacy. Those who identify as trans/GNC are strongly encouraged to apply for this internship.
- Spring 2023 Internship Dates: Tuesday, January 17 – Friday, April 21, 2023
- Required Hours Per Week: 10 hours (*interns who would like to work more than 10 hours per week are welcome to sign-up for multiple shift times, per the below schedule)
- Spring 2023 Intern Shift Times: All interns will sign-up for at least one of the following shift windows:
- Shift #1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: From 3:30pm-6pm EST / 12:30pm-3pm PST
- Shift #2: Tuesday, Friday: From 1pm-6pm EST / 10am-3pm PST
- Shift #3: Monday - Friday: 4pm-6pm EST / 1pm-3pm PST
- Shift #4: Monday - Friday: 5pm-7pm EST / 2pm-4pm PST
*Note: This internship is remote and unpaid. InReach staff is happy to submit forms on behalf of interns who would like to earn academic credit from their universities for this internship. Interns may also opt to extend this internship into InReach’s Summer 2023 internship program.
- Report to our part-time Operations Coordinator and work closely with our Executive Director on this campaign.
- Assist with recruiting trans men and other transmasculine adults (21 years old and over) to participate in this campaign.
- Assist with reviewing and aggregating campaign submissions.
- Assist with recruiting and coordinating outreach tasks with campaign partner organizations.
- Assist with influencer/celebrity outreach to help amplify the campaign’s message.
- Assist with designing social media toolkits for use by InReach, campaign partners, influencers and other supporters to promote the campaign.
- Assist with media outreach for the campaign, such as preparing media lists and sending pitches to relevant journalists/reporters (via email, phone and social media).
- Additional ad hoc campaign/advocacy tasks as needed.
- Obtained or pursuing a college degree in any field.
- Strong interest in trans rights, as well as interest in digital advocacy.
- Comfortable and/or willing to learn how to use online communication tools such as Slack and Asana, and online design sites such as Canva.
- Knowledge of basic design principles; previous experience in social media, graphic design, and/or video editing is a plus. (Samples of your previous work are more than welcome with your application!)
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently and as a team in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Gain hands-on experience in trans rights and digital advocacy.
- Develop and expand knowledge of pressing issues facing the diverse trans community.
- Professional development opportunities such as intern networking circles and virtual coffee chats with InReach staff and volunteers.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from InReach upon successful completion of the internship.