CLICK HERE to submit our quick volunteer screening form.
See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
Our Community Research & Outreach Volunteers (French) play a pivotal part in building the free InReach App, world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources. In this role, you will use your research, community outreach, and French language skills to identify and verify new safe direct service providers for inclusion in our resource app and help to ensure our App’s resource data remains up-to-date, 24/7. This is an exciting opportunity to use your French language skills for good while improving your research and community outreach skills. We’re looking for meticulous, hard-working individuals who are passionate about LGBTQ+ and refugee rights.
- Report to our bilingual Resource Coordinator.
- Call and email organizations in French/English to verify their fit for the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources.
- Use our backend dashboard to add new safe, verified resources to our live App (as needed).
- Additional ad hoc data management and outreach tasks (as needed).
We offer the following “tiers” of commitment for our Community Research & Outreach Volunteers. Upon joining InReach’s Community Research, Outreach & Translation team, each volunteer is asked to choose the tier that works best for their schedule. Volunteers are also welcome and encouraged to “level up” to a higher tier as they gain more free time and/or become more familiar with InReach’s work.
- Tier 1 Contributors (“Human Rights Defenders”): Human Rights Defenders commit 10-16+ hours per month to InReach
- Tier 2 Contributors ("Change Agents"): Change Agents commit 7-10 hours per month to InReach
- Tier 3 Contributors ("Equality Advocates"): Equality Advocates commit 4-6 hours per month to InReach
- Fluent in French and English.
- The flexibility to call organizations in French/English during local business hours.
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the InReach App and our tailored resource verification process.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
Compensation: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.
- Leverage your French language skills for social good.