To apply for consideration, please click on the "Apply Now" button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Our Junior Board Program Interns play a pivotal role in helping us to run and improve our Junior Board Program for young professionals.
The InReach Junior Board is a group of young professionals (ages 21 to 40) committed to supporting InReach’s work through fundraising, networking and marketing. They meet monthly and each member pledges $1K in annual membership dues to InReach. The program offers a unique opportunity for LGBTQ+ and allied young professionals to engage in meaningful service, grow their professional network, and develop key competencies to help prepare for future career success. Our 2023 Junior Board Program includes 4 regional chapters (Tri-State Area Regional Chapter; Great Lakes Regional Chapter; West Coast Regional Chapter; National Capital Regional Chapter) and 1 fully remote chapter.
During this internship, you will work closely with our Programs Director to help keep our Junior Board members engaged to achieve key outcomes, collect ongoing program feedback, and implement new ideas to improve the program. We’re looking for meticulous, hard-working students who are passionate about LGBTQ+ rights, and committed to ensuring the continued success of our Junior Board Program.
- Summer 2023 Internship Dates: Tuesday, May 30 – Friday, August 18, 2023
- Required Hours Per Week: 20 hours (*interns who would like to work more than 20 hours per week are welcome to sign-up for multiple shift times, per the below schedule)
- Summer 2023 Intern Shift Times: To help streamline communication and maximize engagement during the internship, Summer 2023 interns will be asked to sign-up for at least one of the following shift windows:
- Shift #1: Monday - Friday: From 11:30am-3:30pm EST / 8:30am-12:30pm PST
- Shift #2: Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm EST / 10am-2pm PST
- Shift #3: Monday - Thursday: From 12pm-5pm EST / 9am-2pm PST
- Shift #4: Tuesday - Friday: From 12pm-5pm EST / 9am-2pm PST
- Shift #5 (extended shift option): 9am-5pm EST or 9am-5pm PST
*If none of the above shift times work for you, please let us know in your application. The InReach team can work with successful applicants on setting an internship schedule that works for them.
Note: This internship is remote and unpaid. InReach staff is happy to submit forms on behalf of interns who would like to earn academic credit from their universities for this internship. Interns may also opt to extend this internship into InReach’s Fall 2023 internship program.
- Report directly to our Programs Director.
- Assist with onboarding new 2023 Junior Board members to the program.
- Assist with 2023 membership recruitment efforts, as needed.
- Assist the 2023 Junior Board regional chapters by helping to organize local fundraisers, secure local corporate sponsorships, drive ticket sales, etc.
- Assist InReach staff with coordinating the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Additional ad hoc program-related tasks, as needed.
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree (e.g. B.A., B.S., M.S., M.B.A).
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Asana, Zoom).
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Previous experience in recruitment and/or corporate outreach is a plus.
- Strong interest in LGBTQ+ rights, and technology for social good.
- Gain hands-on experience in program operations, monitoring and evaluation, marketing and fundraising.
- Professional development opportunities such as intern networking circles and other virtual programming.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from InReach upon successful completion of the internship.