CLICK HERE to submit our quick volunteer screening form.
See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
Our Resource Team plays a pivotal role in expanding and maintaining the free InReach App (the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people facing persecution and discrimination with safe, verified resources).
Our Spanish Language Team works on researching, independently verifying and adding new resources focused on supporting LGBTQ+ Spanish speaking communities to the InReach App. Join this team if you are passionate about language and migrant justice, and want to help connect LGBTQ+ Spanish speakers facing persecution and discrimination with safe housing, legal support, translation and interpretation services, food and clothing, and other critical resources.
*Note: You do not need to identify as LGBTQ+ to serve as a volunteer on this team. Allies of the LGBTQ+ community are welcome to apply.
- Available to devote at least 5 hours per month to volunteering at InReach.
- *Note: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Report to our bilingual Resource Coordinator.
- Research new organizations not already listed on InReach focused on serving LGBTQ+ Spanish speaking communities.
- Call and email organizations in English and Spanish to verify their fit for the free InReach App.
- Perform data entry in English and Spanish.
- Additional ad hoc community outreach and data entry tasks (as needed).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about language justice, migrant justice and LGBTQ+ rights.
- Those with lived experience and/or relevant professional/volunteer experience working with the LGBTQ+ Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Asana, Telzio).
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the InReach App and our tailored resource verification process.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
- Connect LGBTQ+ Spanish speakers facing persecution and discrimination with safe, verified resources.
- Gain hands-on experience working with a NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in serving LGBTQ+ Spanish speaking communities.