CLICK HERE to submit our quick volunteer screening form.
See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
Our Resource Team plays a pivotal role in expanding and maintaining the free InReach App (the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people facing persecution and discrimination with safe, verified resources).
Our Transgender and Gender Nonconforming (TGNC) Team works on researching, independently verifying and adding new resources focused on the TGNC community to the InReach App. Join this team to help connect transgender, nonbinary and gender nonconforming people to lifesaving gender affirming care, support groups, safe housing, gender-neutral restrooms, legal providers with expertise in working with TGNC clients and more critical resources.
*Note: You do not need to identify as TGNC to serve as a volunteer on this team. Allies of the TGNC community are welcome to apply.
- Available to devote at least 5 hours per month to volunteering at InReach.
- *Note: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Report to our Resource Coordinator staff.
- Research new organizations not already listed on InReach focused on serving the TGNC community.
- Call and email organizations in English to verify their fit for the free InReach App.
- Perform data entry in English.
- Additional ad hoc community outreach and data entry tasks (as needed).
- Proficient in English.
- We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about transgender justice.
- Those with lived experience and/or relevant professional/volunteer experience working with the TGNC community are encouraged to apply.
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Asana, Telzio).
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the InReach App and our tailored resource verification process.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
- Connect TGNC people facing persecution and discrimination to safe, verified resources.
- Gain hands-on experience working with a NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across the country.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in serving the TGNC community.