CLICK HERE to submit our quick volunteer Spanish translator screening form.
See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
We’re looking for volunteer translators (bilingual in English and Spanish) to join our remote team! In this role, you will help to add native Spanish support to the InReach App, the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources. During your weekly remote shift, you will translate InReach’s U.S. resource data (stored in English) into Spanish using InReach's data portal.
- ~10-hour online training featuring self-paced e-learning modules and a mandatory onboarding Zoom call with supervisor
- Participation in at least 1 virtual data entry clinic
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- Previous experience translating English text into Spanish strongly preferred.
- Available to commit to at least one 2-hour remote shift per week.
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
Compensation: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.
- Leverage your Spanish language skills for social good.