CLICK HERE to submit our quick volunteer web developer screening form.
See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
We’re looking for collaborative and committed volunteer web developers to join our remote tech team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the InReach App, the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources. This is an essential position and a fantastic volunteer opportunity for anyone looking to use their strong knowledge of web and mobile application development for social good.
Time Commitment: This is an unpaid (volunteer) and remote position. We are looking for volunteers who are able to devote 5-10 hours per week to InReach.
- Report directly to our Lead Engineer.
- Contribute to our web and mobile application development.
- Collaborate with our volunteer UX designers to develop and deploy new features, and ensure a positive user experience.
- Write code to maintain server-side logic, manage the application database, and add new features.
- Ensure the InReach App is mobile-friendly and cross-browser compatible.
- Plan for future changes to our InReach App website, web application and mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Work to efficiently fix any technical bugs as they arise.
InReach’s Tech Stack:
- Express.js / Node
- 2+ years experience with web and/or mobile application development.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (GitHub), Redis, User Authentication, User Security.
- Strong understanding of our tech stack:
- Express.js / Node
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. Slack, Asana, G Suite, Zoom).
- Ability to work closely with team members as well as independently.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and refugee rights, and technology for social good.
Compensation: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.