Sample InReach App Features:
- Vetting (safety) –Every service provider listed on InReach is independently vetted (and re-verified at least once every 6 months) by trained volunteers.
- Localization (translation) –Available in native English and Spanish, with 100+ languages provided on-demand via machine translation. This year, we’re adding French, Arabic, Russian, etc. translation ability through a third-party server, Crowdin. Crowdin will allow us to outsource translation needs to external translators, while maintaining an in-house translation team.
- Anonymity (privacy focus) –Preserving online anonymity can be a life-or-death issue for LGBTQ+ people. As a result, InReach is designed to protect users’ confidentiality online.
- Search filters –Users can easily filter out providers that require specific documentation (e.g., photo ID, medical insurance, proof of age/income/residence, or a referral) to access.
- Digital accessibility –The InReach App is available on web (desktop and mobile), and native iOS and Android. With our redesign (released in June 2023), InReach will strive to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) level AA criteria.
- Save & share resources –Users can save/share their personalized resource list(s) via print/email.
- Ratings & reviews –Users can share public ratings (one to five stars) and reviews on all verified service providers’ profile pages.
- Suggest a resource –Users can “suggest” new LGBTQ+ resources for inclusion in the app to InReach’s Resource Team.
- Service provider features –Providers who register for a free user account can also “claim” their organization’s profile page on InReach and help keep their own information up-to-date.