No products in the cart.
InReach Honors Trans Awareness Week and Transgender Day of Remembrance 2023
As a trans-led organization serving the trans and wider LGBTQ+ community, InReach is proud to honor Trans Awareness Week and Transgender Day of Remembrance 2023! Trans Awareness Week (November 13-19, 2023) celebrates the transgender community and leads up to Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR), an annual observance on November 20th that honors the transgender and gender non-conforming lives lost due to anti-transgender violence. Learn more.
Hear from InReach team members on trans justice, allyship & the free InReach App:
Click on the images below to learn more.
Celebrating the trans-led and trans affirming direct service providers listed on InReach:
Trans people are everywhere. InReach is proud to list over 80 trans-led organizations in the free InReach App. These service providers are working across the country to advance trans justice for the diverse TGNC community.
Follow us on social media (@weareinreach) for InReach App service provider spotlights throughout Transgender Awareness Week 2023, highlighting some of the awesome organizations listed on InReach who are providing lifesaving gender-affirming care, protecting Black trans women, centering trans BIPOC leadership, advocating for trans kids, winning asylum for trans people fleeing persecution, and more!
5 quick ways you can take action during Trans Awareness Week and beyond:
Right now, an unprecedented rise in anti-trans legislation is threatening access to safe resources for TGNC people in the United States.
You can do something. Help us ensure every trans and gender non-conforming person has access to the safe, verified resources they need to thrive:
- Suggest new trans affirming organizations in your community to InReach’s Resource Team: app.inreach.org/suggest
- Share the free InReach App with TGNC people and caregivers/loved ones in need of safe resources; download our free marketing materials here: inreach.org/marketing-materials
- Share the #TransMascFutures Campaign by InReach x GLAAD to amplify stories of trans joy: transmascfutures.inreach.org
- Donate to InReach and other trans-led organizations serving the diverse TGNC community; Make a tax-deductible donation to InReach here
- Join and share the InReach Young Professionals Board Program to help us build a movement of supporters for the free InReach App and trans justice in local communities across North America: inreach.org/young-professionals-board-program
Honoring Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR):
On Transgender Day of Remembrance (November 20th), we honor all of the transgender and gender non-conforming lives lost to anti-transgender violence.
- The Human Rights Campaign has recorded at least 26 transgender and gender non-conforming people whose lives were taken by violent means in 2023.
- According to HRC, in 2023, 88% of victims were people of color and 54% were Black transgender women. 50% were misgendered or deadnamed by authorities or the press.
Hear from Mallery Jenna Robinson, InReach Young Professionals Board member, below on the significance of TDOR and how to support the TGNC community. Be sure to visit A Hateful Homicide and follow @ahatefulhomicide for more information!